Free School Meals
As our commitment to your child’s wellbeing continues during this time, we wish to acknowledge the financial strain and pressure caused by the Coronavirus crisis and the burden this can create for families. If you have had a loss of income or change of financial circumstances you may now be eligible for free school meals. Families in receipt of this provision are currently receiving £15 per child in voucher form weekly, to be spent at allocated supermarkets such as Asda and newly added Aldi.
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the qualifying benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Please follow the link below to check your eligibility for this scheme. If you have any queries , please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone school and leave a message. Mrs Shipman or Mrs Shaw will be in touch to help with your application.