Welcome to your PTA
All parents and carers at Gunthorpe CofE Primary school are automatically a member. It’s your association.
What is the PTA?
Friends of Gunthorpe School (FoGS) The Parent Teacher Association is an open community of parent volunteers working alongside the school/teachers/and other “friends” to benefit the school and ensure the best educational experience for all its pupils.
Parents and care givers have a big impact on how well their kids do at school.
Taking an active role in your PTA is one of the ways you can make a difference and get involved:
• We raise money to fund school initiatives through activities and events
• We provide a social network for parents
Although a warm welcome is great, there’s more to PTA activities than home baking and serving tea:
• Any parent can be a member, and every parent has skills to bring, from graphic design to gardening; from events management to balancing the books; and from wrapping up lucky dip gifts to handing out flyers!
• Could you help?
• What skills do you have that we may need?
Drop a line to us directly if you can help to: Gunthorpefundraising@gmail.com
How you can help:
• Some of our most active mums and dads work full-time, or have other commitments
• If your child has younger siblings, the PTA is a great way to familiarise them with their future school
• We all have lives away from school, and it’s OK to say “no”
• Examples of how you can commit, either at an event or behind the scenes, include:
- sort second hand uniform
- contribute to termly newsletter
- promote easyfundraising
- help with particular event [summer fair / discos]
- Help with the finances/accounts
Here’s a sneaky look at some of the fun we’ve had:
- Annual school gala and duck race
- Wreath workshop
- Ladies pamper evenings
- Calendar photoshoot
- School discos
- Refreshments at school events
Plus many more fun events to come.
For info on activities and events, see our twitter page @FoGSPTA